.

.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies! 1/22/11

Who cares what picture we see?


In this case, my wondrous wife Suzie, who went deep in the video vault to choose the feature we could be watching tonight! But then a couple of years later the trailer she chose - Queen Kong - disappeared off the internet - so I've stuck in a different giant ape movie from the video vault:


 






I haven't seen this British Kong knockoff in decades - not since seeing it on the late show back in the early 80's. I'm ready to watch it again - and since it resides on DVD in the video vault we could be spinning it right round any time - even tonight - if you wanted to come by!





In honor of the original subject of this post - here is the movie poster and what I had to say about to close us out:





This goofy spoof didn't get a lot of play in 1976 thanks to Dino deLaurentiis's lawyers - but it's been rescued from oblivion and issued on a DVD complete with director commentary...and it could be the main feature in a Saturday night full of giant ape nonsense!




And til next time, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment