.

.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Secret Origins: Saturday Night at the Movies!

The first issue of a brand new department that may only exist for this one entry, as most of what I do is pretty self-explanatory and all.

Yes, this is where you find out just why those trailer/poster combo posts that pop up each weekend have that particular title and opening phrase. And to do that, we're taking a trip into

The Video Vault of Mora Tau!


This clip is a terrific old song by the Drifters, and it does do the 'splainin' (as Ricky Ricardo would say...) It's a very nice video too, so my thanks to the poster, also the editor of the visuals. Well done!








Now, where I first heard this song used is a whole other story, and I'm saving that one for a future Video Vault post. I'll finish the tease by telling you it will take us back several years...and we'll be travelling to the wilds of the great state of Florida for that one...

I guess that means there will be at least one more Secret Origins post! Huzzah!


Wow! I'm so excited I'm tingling!


No, wait, that was a text message.


But I am excited! And until that post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!


4 comments:

  1. I miss the old drive-ins. Our family went in the 1960s and 70s. They were still around in the 80s and I was able to take my kids. We would stop off at the store and stock up on snacks, bring our pillows and get comfortable. You don't see them around much any more. The one in our town was taken down about 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old classic songs. I alway love it when they pop up in an old horror film or shockingly bad B flick. I'm dying to know more about Secret Origins...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - thanks! Sorry if my DC comics reference dragged you in in error!

    Luana - oh, how I miss the drive-ins as well. I saw some Big Hollywood movies at the drive-in with my parents back in the day - and managed to see a few more wacky B movies on the Big Outdoor Screen on my own in the 80's - The Evil Dead among them! The one here in town is a flea market - and although the property still has the overall look of a drive-in, I couldn't tell you why, as ALL of the paraphenalia has disappeared...And thanks Luana - you've inspired another Big Post for me - I'm going to have to do something on the Drive-In! Huzzah!

    Melissa - The next issue shouldn't be too far off! ;) Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete