.

.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Shrewed Reawakening!

Okay folks, I told you about this exciting bit of news back in June - there was a sequel to 1959's The Killer Shrews in the can - well, while the post production phase is still underway, director Steve Latshaw has unveiled the sequel's trailer - in gorgeous HD! And here it is - The Return of the Killer Shrews!






Wow - is that gorgeous or what? I love the crisp cinematography, the lush locations - and that cast! I have to point out again that in returning as Captain Thorne Sherman, the great James Best must have set a new record - as this second performance comes 52 (!) years after he first played the role!

And if you don't get the in-joke when Bruce Davison says "Tear 'im up!", well, then, all I can say is: Rats!

I'm jazzed to see this - there's no firm release date yet - Mr. Latshaw has advised they are still working on the final sound mix - but you can bet when the word is given - you will find it here!


Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. YES!!! I am so excited about this. I loved the original and have seen it multiple times on television as well as my own DVD, which has sadly gone missing. :( James Best and Bruce Davison look awesome. Bruce was just in a local horror thriller called Munger Road about a local ghost story and a serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MB - Yes, I thought you might like this! I wonder if the DVD release will contain the original as an extra? Thinking it might since it is public domain now. I love the entire cast here - and think Munger Road sounds intriguing - is it out, or just wrapped production? Bruce Davison makes everything better, so it has to be at least worth a look. And I'm happy to report that although I didn't work on it, the movie Summer Catch was shot here in Wilmington a few years ago, and my makeup pals who worked on it report that Mr. Davison is a blast to work with - telling great stories about stuff he's worked on, like Willard, and generally being one of those classy professionals we always most enjoyed. Thanks for coming by Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...there is a God...AND WHAT A GOOD SPORT HE IS! No kidding? I love Killer Shrews, the bad boy of bad movies is finally having a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaijinu - I absolutely feel the same way - and what I particularly love here - first: instead of a name-only sequel with no connection to the original - you have the lead actor returning after more than half a century! Second: it's a mini Dukes of Hazzard reunion with John Schneider (Bo) and Rick Hurst (Cletus) joining Mr. Best (Rosco)! Third: it's obviously a labor of love for director Steve Latshaw! I think this movie is going to rock!

    ReplyDelete