.

.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Night at the Movies 1/12/13!

Who cares what picture we see?


I do believe that John Carradine would, so let's pick this one:




 
 
 





I remember reading a lot about this movie in Famous Monsters magazine back in the late 70's - I think Forry might have had a little crush on Nai Bonet - but I never had a chance to see the movie - not sure it played theaters in Southern Illinois; it never aired on Showtime for as long as I had it; I never found a copy to rent on VHS.



So, as of this posting - I still haven't seen it - but I do have a copy freshly arrived in the video vault! It's from that magical year of 1979 - it's a disco vampire romantic comedy - and it has John Carradine playing Dracula for the last time, I do believe - something he'd been doing off and on for thirty-five years at this point!



So we could be checking this one out as soon as this very evening - if you make the trek over to my place, that is!


Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. That poster rocks! Reminiscent of the John Travolta pose in Saturday Night Fever. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that but omg, it has a pretty silly German Title:
    Dracula auf Abwegen = Dracula gone astray :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Carradine had to be the cheesiest Dracula ever. LOL I love it! Blood drinkers and disco, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could definitely camp it up - but back in the day when he played the Count for Universal he was pretty creepy. Yeah - blood drinkers and disco - at least THESE vampires sparkle only because they're under a disco ball!

      Delete