.

.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #164!

Theme Week!


Lethal ladies!





Lightning Bolt  (Woolner Brothers Pictures Inc, 1967)



Good ol' Anthony Eisley (Dracula vs Frankenstein) stars in this Italian James Bond knockoff. Any part of that sentence reveals my desire to see this movie!













Chainsaw Sally  (Forbidden Pictures, 2004)




You know a movie's got its heart in the right place when they get Gunnar Hansen to cameo and hand him a chainsaw. And you have added bonus Herschell Gordon Lewis! I want to check this one out!













Dracula's Daughter  (Universal Studios, 1936)


Okay - I've seen this one at least! Universal Studios Monsters FTW! This turned out to be a pretty cool follow up to Dracula. So did the later Son of Dracula as well.










Until next post - you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting movies. I can't tell who's the hero in the first poster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved the Dracula's Daughter poster - though I could probably say the same for any of the Universal horror one sheets from the time. A pity I haven't actually seen it!

    I remember the Chainsaw Sally flick being popular online with blogs and myspace back when it came out, but I never got around to it. Must chuck it on the list, it looks like it could be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Universal knew their way around a movie poster for sure. And I had never heard of Chainsaw Sally prior to digging the poster up - but I think you're correct about its hootness.

      Delete
  3. I've been on the the lookout for LIGHTNING BOLT for awhile. Your right - you gotta love Anthony Eisley. Besides turning up in about every other episode of DRAGNET, its amazing how many things he pops up in. I've always wanted to check out some HAWAIIAN EYE also sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eisley had such a weird career - all over TV there for a while, then in every Grade Z movie made for a while too. I mean - getting killed out of a movie because they decided to pick up shooting on the other coast and wouldn't pay to fly you out? So they stick your jacket on a nondescript guy and send him running away from camera to take one in the back? And managing to appear in an unfinished and unreleased movie that then gets put out on VHS in the "we'll release ANYTHING" heyday? Wild!

      Delete