.

.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday Night at the Movies 11/8/14!

Who cares what picture we see?


Cec Linder simply would, no question - so we're picking this one tonight:









I like Dr. No a lot. I love From Russia with Love. But it's with the third Bond movie that I think the filmmakers really hit their stride with the perfect balance of action, spectacle, fantasy, and humor. I don't know if it's a coincidence that there was a switch of director for this movie - Terence Young directed the first two movies; Guy Hamilton takes over here - but I think both men deserve endless thanks for their contributions to the series. Hamilton also held the record for most 007 movies directed - four - until John Glen took that record away when he directed his fifth James Bond movie in 1989.


In any case - a wild plot - with only a slight tweak from the novel by Ian Fleming pits Sean Connery's 007 against German gold-obsessed criminal Auric Goldfinger (Gert Frobe) and his superstrong henchman Oddjob (Harold Sakata). The female side of things is one Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman) - a striking blonde with a curious distaste for men, and a business relationship with Goldfinger that puts her most definitely not on the side of the angels.


Sitting in the video vault in the big box of James Bond Blu-Rays - this is ready to spin anytime - even tonight - if you want come watch Goldfinger expect Mr. Bond to DIE.







Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Awesome, and of course, I started singing the theme track as soon as I saw the gorgeous poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange to think I only watched this for the first time last year - Bond never did anything for me, growing up - but I loved it. Really great action/adventure film. I must carry on with some more Bond flicks...

    ReplyDelete