.

.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #192!






Macabro  (Trans American Films, 1966)


One of those "mondo" movies with documentary footage of various strange and exotic practices from around the world. I have not watched any of these - not much on real footage of gross stuff - I prefer the artistry of the fiction film.














Sweet Baby Charlie  (aka The Sadist)  (Fairway International Pictures, 1963)


This is a cool little thriller - which I saw on VHS under its original title way back when. Arch Hall, Jr. is really good as the titular psycho, who holds three teachers hostage at the point of a gun across 80 minutes - played out in real time - one of my favorite movie gimmicks. A definite recommendation for this one.















The Big Gundown  (Columbia Pictures, 1968)

A spaghetti western that originated in its native land in 1966, then came across The Big Pond two years later - I have not seen this one - but you cannot possibly go wrong with that lead duo in an Italian western.








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. I recognised the top one as a mondo movie, but I've never seen it. Watched a lot of that kinda thing in my youth and I've no intention to re-visit it.

    Loving the alternate poster for The Sadist! I actually have it here, but never watched it, heard great things on it. Your praise is enough to remind me to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I have to check out something Mondo just to knock it off the list at some point. I just don't want to see anything too nasty.

      Hope to hear what you think of The Sadist one of these days!

      Delete
    2. If you are going to watch anything, go with with the original Mondo Cane ones; nothing too horrible by today's standards, but shockers for their time. I can't handle seeing real life atrocities anymore, so be safe knowing there isn't anything that wild in those early ones.

      Delete