.

.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Night at the Movies 5/30/15!

Who cares what picture we see?


I truly do believe Dwight Frye would - so we will pick this one tonight...









I know that trailer is not the original - the "Re-Released by RealArt Pictures" at the end gives it away - and I don't know if that is an original poster or one from a re-release as well. However, none of that takes away from the raw and primitive power of this now 84 year old (!) movie.

Two more words to describe how amazing this movie is: Boris Karloff.


I grew up watching the Universal Studios Monsters movies - and while I now see the flaws and weaker aspects of some of them - I still count them all among my favorite movies.


I have this in a Blu-Ray so crisp you can see the wrinkles in the backdrop used for the "night exterior" scenes - and we could be watching this one any time - even this very evening - if you'd like to join me.










Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. 84 years old ! Holy Crap. I love these movies and a watching them as a kid is big reason most us are doing & reading blogs like this. Great post Craig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dick! Yeah, it was more years ago than I care to admit that I started watching these movies on Saturday nights on Channel 30 out of St. Louis Missouri. And you're exactly right - it was the foundation for my love of pop culture and genre movies that has lasted to this day.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Frankenstein is definitely one of my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete